Senior friendly emergency services
At Lakeview Regional Medical Center, seniority matters! In fact, Lakeview Regional recently built a new emergency department with seniors aged 65 and over in mind. It was designed to provide an improved experience tailored to the physical, psychological and social complexities of the senior population of St. Tammany Parish. Our team of caring and compassionate staff has been specially trained in geriatric medicine to ensure they deliver the highest-quality senior emergency care.
Features and capabilities of the senior friendly ER provide comfort, safety and excellent care, including:
- 24/7 coverage by emergency medicine board-certified physicians
with specialty training in geriatrics
- Innovative balance program
- Specially designed exam rooms with softer lighting and larger clocks
- Non-skid flooring for patient safety
- Specialized care for falls
- Hearing and visual aids
- State-of-the-art cardiac monitoring
- Collaboration with patient’s primary care provider
When specialty or follow-up care is needed, we have a comprehensive list of experts within the Northshore community and in collaboration with Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans.