Lakeview Regional Medical Center has its own Outpatient Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, which is currently scheduling 125 appointments per week. We commonly treat children with a wide variety of congenital, neuromuscular, and developmental disorders such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, autism and developmental delay. Our specialists possess an extensive knowledge of pediatric needs and the family-centered environment is highly trusted by parents of infants, children and adolescents. In addition to individualized treatment, Pediatric groups are offered for improvement of fine motor and social skills.
Lakeview Regional Medical Center is one of the first medical facilities in the region to incorporate the new CinemaVision.Virtual Reality System into its MRI procedures, helping claustrophobic or pediatric patients tolerate exams better and preventing the need for sedation as a prelude to MRI testing.
Lakeview Regional Medical Center provides physical, occupational, and speech therapies are available to children with short-term or long-term needs. We commonly treat children with a variety of congenital, neuromuscular, and developmental disorders such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, autism, and developmental delay.
- Improve gross motor skills, balance, coordination, strength, range of motion and endurance.
- Address feeding or eating issues
- Improve fine motor skills, visual motor skills, cognitive processing/attention, self-care and development
- Sensory integration
- Management of problems related to language, fluency, voice, articulation, auditory processing, and language learning disorders
- Speech/language disorders
- Swallowing disorders