Our state licensed Occupational Therapists facilitate functional independence with the “job of living” through physical and cognitive training, environmental modifications and adaptive equipment. Our occupational therapists specialize in treatment of orthopedic and hand injuries as well as stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, Parkinson’s disease and other neurological disorders.
Some of our Programs include:
Certified Hand Therapists receive additional specialized training of the upper extremity to assist in rehabilitating patients with upper extremity dysfunction.
- Wound management
- Edema control
- Range of motion/strengthening
- Scar management
- Joint protection
- Custom orthotics
Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand injuries
- Ligament injuries
- Nerve compression - learn more about nerve pain
- Work related injuries / cumulative trauma
- Static, Dynamic, Sport Related
- Therapy to address functional limitations following a neurological injury such as a stroke. Treatment would focus on improving range of motion, self-care and fine motor skills.
- Lymphedema - The use of manual drainage, compression therapy and exercise to reduce swelling in the upper and lower extremities after the removal of lymph nodes or post-mastectomy surgery.