Lakeview Regional Medical Center is committed to providing, life-saving technology for patients by investing in advanced medical and surgical equipment. Lakeview Regional Medical Center recently installed the Signa HDxt 1.5T Twin Speed Magnetic Resonance Imaging System into its broad spectrum of diagnostic tools. This is the first Signa HDxt 1.5T Twin Speed System from GE Healthcare in the state of Louisiana and is one of only three systems in the southeastern United States. It boosts speed and resolution beyond the limits of conventional MRI scanners while providing high levels of magnetic field homogeneity and stability.
In addition to the Signa HDxt 1.5T Twin Speed system, Lakeview Regional Medical Center utilizes a variety of high-tech diagnostic tools, including the Innova 3131Q digital flat panel biplane imaging system: an advanced cath lab imaging system that enables doctors to see extremely detailed, real-time images of patient anatomy during procedures that require exact precision, and LightSpeed VCT (Volume Computer Tomography), a revolutionary system more commonly known as 64-Slice, which provides highly detailed images of the human body, and produces up to 53% less radiation dose as compared to conventional electron beam CT scanners.
Lakeview Regional Medical Center also offers three full-service cardiovascular interventional catherization labs available 24 hours per day.
Current technology in use today:
- Cardiac MRI – Signa HDxt 1.5T Twin Speed Magnetic Resonance Imaging system
- Flat panel biplane imaging system – Innova 3131Q digital
- 64-Slice – LightSpeed VCT scanner provides highly detailed cardiac images in just five heartbeats
- Nuclear Medicine Stress Testing
- Chest X-ray
- Echocardiogram (EKG)
Cardiac Catheterization Lab
Lakeview Regional Medical Center is prepared to diagnose and treat coronary artery disease before, during or after your heart has been affected by blockages in the arteries in one of our three cardiac catheterization laboratories, which are available 24 hours per day. Our cardiologists and staff are skilled at a variety of advanced technologies that can be used during cardiac catheterization. Our cardiologists will choose the treatment that is right for you. Because every person is different, we can deliver all of the promising technologies within the catheter lab including:
- Intravascular Coronary Ultrasound – allows the cardiologist to examine the characteristics inside the heart artery walls in order to diagnose and treat blockages.
- Stent Placement – improved technology of stent devices in recent years has made this procedure the treatment of choice for many patients with narrowed arteries that deliver blood supply to the heart muscle. A small metal coil is placed in a narrowed artery to hold it open, which helps improve blood flow to your heart. The newest generation of stents release medication over a period of time to slow the rate of renarrowing within the artery.
- Coronary Atherectomy – Occasionally the artery will be narrowed due to hardened plaque buildup causing reduced blood flow to the heart. This procedure uses a high precision burr device to shave the plaque from the inner artery wall.
- Balloon Angioplasty/PCI