Lakeview Regional Medical Center "Patient Transfer" Access Center
Transfer a Patient
The right hospital.
The right service.
The right time.
The Lakeview Regional Medical Center Access Center features the latest in telecommunications technology and is staffed by RNs with backgrounds in emergency and critical care.
The Access Center will facilitate all patient transfers to our hospitals. Our team is available 24/7 and will handle every step of the transfer or admission. You make one call. We take it from there.
Our team will:
- Locate the accepting physician
- Connect sending and accepting physicians by a recorded physician-to-physician call
- Confirm bed availability, obtain hospital approval and notify receiving departments
- Assist in securing transportation
- Obtain and document necessary patient information
- Track transfer from time of call to patient arrival
- Provide immediate feedback to close the loop with all referring physicians and facilities
Why transfer to Lakeview Regional Medical Center?
- Level III trauma center
- 24/7 neurology and stroke services provided in partnership with Tulane Health System
- 24/7 neurosurgical services
- 24/7 cardiac and EP services
- Adult ICU and level III NICU
- Adult state-of-the-art behavioral health center
- 172-bed, private, acute-care hospital
To transfer a patient, call