No surgery is minor when it's your own.
No matter where you live, surgery center options are extremely important. At Lakeview Regional Medical Center, we understand that there's no such thing as "routine" surgery and that patients and their families are concerned about surgical care. We work closely with patients, families and doctors in Covington, LA to be sure that every question is answered and every concern addressed - including advice on how to prepare for your surgery, what to expect during your treatment, and the best ways to make a fast, full recovery.
Find out more about pre-operative information
Minimally Invasive Surgery
In addition to traditional open surgeries, our surgical services include minimally invasive procedures with the use of the most advanced, state-of-the-art High Definition medical video technology available. Minimally invasive surgeries result in less pain, less blood loss, fewer side effects, reduced procedural costs, shorter hospital stays, and faster recovery times for a quicker return to normal activities. Our minimally invasive techniques include arthroscopy, laparoscopy and ENT treatments. Read more about robotic surgery.
Inpatient and Outpatient Procedures
Inpatient and outpatient surgeries are performed at our main Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus followed by recovery options in our Ambulatory Care Unit or one of our other post-op or rehabilitation units.
Lakeview Regional Medical Center is equipped to perform surgeries such as:
- TIF – Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication An incisionless solution for people with chronic GERD
- THD – Transanal Hemorrhoidal Dearterialization—An outpatient procedure to treat internal hemorrhoids with minimal discomfort
- SILS – Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery—Replaces laparoscopic or robotic surgical techniques that require 3 to 4 incisions. Single Incision surgeries use one incision at the belly button resulting in less scarring and reduced pain from less incision sites.
- General Pediatric Surgery ages 1+
- Total Joint Program—Total knee/hip replacement surgery with comprehensive pre/post op program
- Computer Assisted Surgery and Custom Cutting Block Technology—State-of-the-art systems used to customize complex orthopedic surgeries to each patient
- Cranial surgery and VP Shunts
- PLIF/ALIF/XLIF – Posterior or Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion/Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion—New spinal fusion techniques used for spinal disorders or fractures that are less invasive than traditional methods
- Implantation of Deep Brain Stimulators, Intrathecal Pain Pumps and Neuro Stimulators
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts with or without Ablation
- Valve Replacements
- AAA – Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, including Endovascular aneurysm/aortic repair which is less invasive.
- Fem-pop – Femoropopliteal bypass surgery
- Cornea Transplant
- IOC – Intraocular Cataract
- Telescopic Implant
ENT/Head and Neck
- Balloon Sinuplasty—Minimally invasive procedure to treat chronic sinusitis
- Stealth guided FESS procedure – Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery—FESS procedures that are performed in conjunction with navigation are highly effective treatment strategies for complicated acute sinusitis and chronic sinusitis
CATH Lab Procedures/Heart Center
- Emergency Department Hypothermia Protocol—Procedure which ices the heart muscle during an acute heart attack to reduce or prevent further damage to the tissue while patient is being treated
- EP – Electrophysiology — Ablation procedures including PVI for treatment of atrial fibrillation, VT and SVT
- Carotid Stenting
- Radial Access—Allows access to the heart via the wrist instead of the traditional groin, which involves less risk and quicker recovery.
- Angel Med Device Implants—Implanted device that notify the patient immediately of acute changes in cardiac function.
- FFR-Fractional Flow Reserves study
- ICD implants—implantable cardioverter defibrillator
- PFO – Patent foramen ovale
- ASD Atrial Septal Defects percutaneousclosure
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Rhizotomy—X-ray guided needle electrode is heated to deaden the nerves that carry pain signals to the brain
- MILD procedure – Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression—A treatment option to reduce pain and improve mobility in lumbar spinal stenosis patient
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Endometrial Thermal Ablation
- Urinary Incontinence Surgery