Women & Children Care Links
- 10.02.14 from 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- 10.08.14 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM
- 10.08.14 from 05:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- 10.09.14 from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- 10.09.14 from 06:30 PM to 09:30 PM
Lakeview Regional Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art care for you and your unborn child. Our services include:
- Prenatal education classes - Classes are available for wellness at all stages of life and include breastfeeding, infant/child CPR, lamaze, newborn care and sibling classes. For a tour of Labor & Delivery call (985) 867-4362. For prenatal classes call 985-867-3900 or click here for class schedule & registration.
- Online pre-registration form
- AirStrip OB™ monitoring - The obstetricians at Lakeview Regional Medical Center are among the group of physicians on the Northshore to use AirStrip OB™ on their smartphones to view vital signs of our expecting mothers and her unborn child. This revolutionary smartphone app delivers patient data—including fetal heartbeat and maternal contraction patterns—in virtual real-time directly from the labor and delivery unit to your physician’s mobile wireless device.
Our compassionate and highly trained nursing staff offers women special attention during their childbirth experience, including:
- Guided Infant Feeding Techniques (GIFT) – Lakeview Regional Medical Center is a certified facility by the Louisiana Maternal and Child Health Coalition. The GIFT is a tool for the hospital staff to enhance the breastfeeding services and promote breastfeeding as the normal and preferred method of infant feeding.
- Private suites for labor, delivery and recovery which have been designed to provide a comfortable atmosphere with the latest in fetal monitoring and surveillance. The health and safety of each infant is guarded by our experienced staff, the most advanced techniques for monitoring and cardiac/respiratory intervention and by a state-of-the-art infant security system.
- Web Nursery - Our online newborn baby photo gallery
At Lakeview Regional Medical Center, we share in your excitement and want to help announce the birth of your newborn baby with family and friends. We've partnered with “Our 365” to provide a secure search of our online web nursery to see photos of your newborn baby born at Lakeview Regional Medical Center.
- Baby’s 1st Birthday Cake - Lakeview Regional Medical Center recognizes that the birth of a baby isn't like other hospital visits. We want to help families celebrate this special occasion, so we have partnered with Covington's Sugar Sweet Bake Shop to provide a complimentary first birthday cake to our newborns.
- “Stork Services” for the special, first ride home. The “Stork Service” by A Royal Coach Limousine provides chauffeured limousine service complete with red carpet to pick the new mother up from the hospital and take her and her “special delivery” home. The “Stork Service,” which requires families to provide the appropriate car seat when discharged from the hospital, may be scheduled by calling 985-875-0723. Prices vary depending on final destination.
- On-site concierge-style services, including dry cleaning, auto detailing, lunch delivery and floral services.
Learn more about pregnancy from preconception though developmental processes of the baby and mother.
Learn more about labor and delivery.
Birthing—from how to interpret the first signs of labor, to how to care for yourself and your baby in the weeks following delivery.