- 12.12.13 from 06:30 PM to 09:30 PM
- 12.14.13 from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- 12.18.13 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM
Lakeview Regional Medical Center Earns “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®” Recognition from The Joint Commission11.06.13
Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine
While many therapy programs typically provide care with the assistance of technicians or aides, our approach focuses on a direct therapist-to-patient relationship and individual hands-on therapy. The staff at Lakeview’s Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Center is committed to listening to patients and providing the latest advances and information through patient education. This ensures continuity in each patient’s treatment and allows for greater goal –setting and accomplishments for the therapist-patient team. Awareness and self-care are always considered key to patients’ health.
Our therapists work together using a multidisciplinary approach to deliver exceptional team-based therapy for neurological diagnosis such as traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and stroke.
Our state licensed Physical Therapists develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional mobility to patients with injuries or physical disabilities. Physical Therapy treatment utilizes activities to strengthen, improve motion, reduce pain and improve balance in order to restore daily function.
Some of our Programs include:
- Neck and Back
- Shoulder/Hip/Knee/Foot & Ankle
- Sport Performance
- Balance and Vestibular Training
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Wound Care
- Comprehensive wound care using the latest techniques and dressings
- Women’s Health
- For many women, pregnancy can trigger flare-ups in back pain or create new back problems and injuries. Our certified therapists help women at higher risk for these problems to develop core strength, improve postural awareness, decrease pain, and relieve lower-back stress.
Our state licensed Occupational Therapists facilitate functional independence with the “job of living” through physical and cognitive training, environmental modifications and adaptive equipment. Our occupational therapists specialize in treatment of orthopedic and hand injuries as well as traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and other neurological disorders.
Some of our Programs include:
Certified Hand Therapists receive additional specialized training of the upper extremity to assist in rehabilitating patients with upper extremity dysfunction.
- Wound management
- Edema control
- Range of motion/strengthening
- Scar management
- Joint protection
- Custom orthotics
Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand injuries
- Ligament injuries
- Nerve compression
- Work related injuries / cumulative trauma
- Static, Dynamic, Sport Related
- Therapy to address functional limitations following a neurological injury such as a stroke. Treatment would focus on improving ROM, self-care and fine motor skills.
- The use of manual drainage, compression therapy and exercise to reduce swelling in the upper and lower extremities after the removal of lymph nodes or post-mastectomy surgery.
Our state licensed Speech-Language Pathologists are responsible for facilitating treatment of patients with physical and/or cognitive deficits resulting in difficulty with communication and/or swallowing.Intensive, individualized speech therapy is available for children and adults. As with all of Lakeview’s programs, continuity of the therapist-patient relationship and one-on-one sessions are emphasized in treating speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
- Articulation and Stuttering
- Developmental Speech Delay
- Voice/Vocal Nodules and Polyps
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Augmentative/Alternative Communication
- Developmental Language Delay
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies
- Oral Motor/Sensory Therapy
- Swallow Therapy
- VitalStim Therapy
- Attention Deficits
- Memory Deficits
Lakeview Regional Medical Center provides the only full-time pediatric rehabilitation center in St. Tammany Parish. Physical, occupational, and speech therapies are available to children with short-term or long-term needs. We commonly treat children with a variety of congenital, neuromuscular, and developmental disorders such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, autism, and developmental delay.
- Improve gross motor skills, balance, coordination, strength, range of motion andendurance.
- Address feeding or eating issues
- Improve fine motor skills, visual motor skills, cognitive processing/attention, self-care and development
- Sensory integration
- Management of problems related to language, fluency, voice, articulation, auditory processing, and language learning disorders
- Speech/language disorders
- Swallowing disorders
Total Joint Program
- Total Hip
- Total Knee
- Discharge planning
To schedule an appointment call Lakeview Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine at (985) 867-4054 or fax physician orders to (985) 893-6840.
The Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Center islocated across the street from LRMC at:19055 Kane LaneCovington, LA 70433www.lakeviewregional.com